Recently I was engaged in a simple but interesting little project i.e using 16 by 2 LCD DISPLAY through different microcontrollers like PIC16F877A and ATMEGA328(Arduino uno).
Here are some hints and the code which might interest some of beginners:
1.Make connections as follows:
- LCD RS pin to digital pin 12.
- LCD Enable pin to digital pin 11.
- LCD D4 pin to digital pin 5.
- LCD D5 pin to digital pin 4.
- LCD D6 pin to digital pin 3.
- LCD D7 pin to digital pin 2.
- LCD VSS pin to ground.
- LCD VCC pin to +5V.
- LCD VCE pin to a 10K potentiometer(varying this resistance will vary the display).
- LCD V+ pin to +5V or you can use a 100K potentiometer to vary the background led intensity)
- LCD V- pin to ground.
2. Use the code(https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B8FF27E1026C49ED!245&authkey=!ADc69b5b17QKIjw) or create your own and enjoy!